cancer update

June 17th, 2016 · 20 Comments

FullSizeRender-6i’m not going to sugar coat it at all – it’s been a very rough few weeks. like clockwork, the week leading up to memorial day i had to get some suspicious swollen lymphs checked out while putting on a happy face and getting through our pool party and yup – cancer. i found out just yesterday how bad it was. i am not even going to tell you guys how bad it is because i’ve already made my treatment plan which will be another integrative approach that includes the hormone therapy and radiation i need and some great naturopathic therapies.

as difficult as it’s been to process this and get through the lower end of the metastatic breast cancer roller coaster (i.e. stop blaming myself or feeling like i let myself and everyone else down) i think i’m taking a turn for the better and feel comfortable updating you guys today.

i do want to say, ladies, if your cancer is hormone positive… take the hormone blockers. i had a very bad response to mine and was allowed to let the shot wear off while trying to get stabilized from the side effects and this crap came back like lightening. but the good news is i should respond very well to hormone therapy and will not need to do chemo.

so new organs are affected as well as my brain. we caught it very early which is great and i should be able to get this knocked out just as aggressively as i did the first time. ladies, once you are free and clear you really need to be feeling yourself up or having your doctor do it regularly to make sure you don’t feel any new little bumps or lumps.

don’t hate me, but i am pretty happy to have this happen in a way.  i mean, now i can help you guys who maybe were like “WHAT kind of NORMAL HUMAN can go from stage IV breast cancer to a complete resolution in four months?!” and immediately dismiss my path as unachievable. now you see that i am just like anyone else, having a very very common early recurrence. this happens. a lot. i also need to be ready for it to happen from now on. stage IV is the one that you can’t *technically* say is “cured.” it’s always there. this is just a cute little flare up.

since it IS aggressive and smart i’m not giving any opportunity for this to do me in. i promise you that. we all worked too hard to even allow that as an option. it’s not going to be easy but i’m not as scared now that i know what to expect and know that i have it in me to do this. i am still planning to do my TEDxHonolulu talk as it’s still very relevant and even though i’ll be taking a huge step back from work and the stress i plan to do as much work as i can to keep my brain active.

i know you guys believe in me. if i needed anything it would be that first and foremost. your positive thoughts is HUGE. please please do NOT think this is a setback. i think i needed to see this happen to a.) hit home how fragile i really am from this even though i don’t feel sick and b.) to not stray even a little bit from maintenance treatments, stress, diet, etc.

if you want to help there’s some things i know go a long way. of course money helps me continue the daily low glycemic juices, natural therapies and co-pays but if that’s not an option any of this too:

-vegan kim chee or anything fermented
-vegan anything; lu’au stew, poi, soup, quinoa, organic everything
-aromatherapy, organic soy scented candles, visits with spiritual guides/healers
-house plants (preferably cut from your existing tree cause, love)
-aloe vera water, biotine, and sinusooth for the radiation burns =/
-down tempo pretty chill wave sets/music
-socks
-YOU GUYS to post to your stories or go live so i can hang out with you if i want to vicariously on days nights i’m feeling down
-drives through nature or take me to see a funny movie (if they have those)
-ppl to just come over and read to me since my eyes are going to be burned up
-visits with your children or animals (pure joy)
-staycation or any pampering kind of self-care stuff (chemical free)
-good skincare/facials – the hormone blockers destroy my skin
-time and space to heal. please if you see me i don’t want to talk about it. if i do, i’ll bring it up. please please.

don’t worry you guys. it could be worse.

Tags: cwstrong · health status

• 1 Genevieve // Jun 17, 2016 at 6:35 pm

We are all rooting for you. ❤️

• 2 Willis // Jun 17, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Wishing u the best Christa. Always.

• 3 Jen Homcy // Jun 17, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Hey sis – I have most of your list covered. My ulu are dropping every day. I have a friend that makes the best soy candles on island – North Shore Candle Co- and another who masters Kim Chee! I am also a master of rescue dogs and would love to find you your new BFF! Email me and I will drop some goodies this week!

• 4 Christa // Jun 17, 2016 at 9:41 pm

oh man JEN. thank you so much thank you thank you i am crying right now but it’s happy tears which i learned is a very positive thing for your body to go through :))))

i’ll email you

• 5 Shy // Jun 17, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I watched the whole video with no sound, your smile is one big Soundcloud. Its amazing.
    Life is beautiful!! Sometimes people forget and you are there to reminder.
    Christa!! I wish you more than BEST. X

• 6 Pauline // Jun 17, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Hi Christa,
    I read your post and admire your positivity. Have you looked into making your body more alkaline? I read somewhere that cancer and tumors can’t thrive when the body is more alkaline. Take care

• 7 Cw // Jun 18, 2016 at 7:31 am

Yes! I have the charts and follow them and also take TM to keep my copper low as that also prevents an environment where cancer can grow. This is a very aggressive disease that can adapt and thrive and as much as I was trying to figure out where I went wrong I’ve accepted that it has found a way back and I need to take this time to focus on myself and myself only and get better again.

• 8 it’s gonna be ok – SNAPCHATCANCER // Jun 18, 2016 at 10:13 am

[…] Don’t worry! She already has her treatment plan in place and yes it’s still integrative. You can read the plan and her announcement on her blog http://www.supercw.com […]

• 9 Kathi Saks // Jun 18, 2016 at 10:40 am

I make vegan and organic. It’s all on me fellow Dame! That’s what we are here for. Let me know how and when to get fruit for your smoothies to you, local and organic and some great vegan food to you!

You are awesome and I believe in YOU!
    Dame Kathi

• 10 Meg Watt // Jun 19, 2016 at 3:12 am

CW… you are a powerhouse. The reason? It takes a strong person to know you can show vulnerability and still lead by example. I’m not going to tell you I’m sorry you’re going through this; anyone with half and heart should be. I’m going to tell you I have faith in you go keep fighting, keep smiling and moving forward. Also… doggie!

• 11 ponokeali'i // Jun 19, 2016 at 7:11 pm

hi christa,

You seem to have tried all or at least most of the AMA and Big Pharma approved costly and invasive therapies. So why not try the cancer cure that works on ALL cancers at ANY stage ?…

hemp oil.

pono

• 12 Christa // Jun 19, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Hi Pono if you’re saying this then you have no idea what I have been doing for treatments. Always love, cw

• 13 Kristin Jackson // Jun 20, 2016 at 8:29 am

YOU GOT THIS. And what a wonderful support system you have. We’ve all got your back!

• 14 Kim dee // Jun 22, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Aloha sister. Keeping you so close in thoughts from the mainland inland boise. I’m proud of you and all you are doing to get and keep yourself as healthy as possible. It sounds like you have grown so incredibly much through this …. I am rooting for your strong emotional and mental health as you find your way thru this round. …. also, on those nights when you mentioned you wanna just chill and see what everyone is up to. .. I encourage you to check out some of my short video clips on my fb page for a smile or two… sending so much love. .

• 15 Railene // Jun 22, 2016 at 3:01 pm

You’re amazing. Wishing the best for you!

• 16 Natalie Gupta // Jun 22, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Collection of fun earrings coming your way again! <3

• 17 Christa // Jun 22, 2016 at 7:57 pm

YAY NATALIE!!!! i have your note in my bathroom mirror so i can see it and be reminded every day <3

• 18 Michelle Grondine // Jun 25, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Hey my love! I want to send you another care package with some of the stuff you listed plus some other great stuff I think you might love! I’m going to text you to check in on where I can send the stuff in re time line. I love you I believe in you and I’m always just a text away xx

• 19 Kia // Jun 25, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I LOVE YOU LOTS ❤️

• 20 LS // Jun 25, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Hi cw,
    So sorry to hear that the cancer came back. I know you have your treatment set but I just thought I’d pass this on.