breast cancer october

October 3rd, 2015 · 8 Comments

pinki don’t know why but seeing pink everywhere now that it’s October isn’t making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. it’s that whole “for a cure” thing that is really rubbing me the wrong way. not like i’m a scientist or doctor by any means but soooooo much awareness and support going into finding a cure when the “cure” is staring us all right in the face.

but who knows, maybe everyone is different and maybe millions of women are dying because they don’t have all of the tools/information they need, which is absolutely the case if they are just listening to their medical doctors and thinking that is their only option.

that is why i wrote and am sharing this paper. the information in this is what fell in to my lap as a HUGE BLESSING and something i wouldn’t feel right not to pass on to whoever might need it. those first few days/weeks after being diagnosed are a crazy tornado of thoughts and confusion and holy crap i just can’t imagine a woman having to tackle it all on her own.

there is a lot of information out there and even more science. this is what worked for me. i really truly hope it can work for others.

thank you to stupid cancer for featuring me as a survivor story on their podcast. i hope we can talk again soon !

Tags: cwstrong · feeling better

• 1 Qianna Karpunin // Oct 3, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Loved it Christa your strength and willingness to live astounds me! God has a plan for you! Smooches and blessings sent your way.

• 2 Lillian // Oct 5, 2015 at 8:33 am

We never met but I’ve been following your story all year and now reading this I have tears in my eyes. Bless you and thank you for making this available for free I will be sharing this with my daughter.

With love from Torronto

• 3 Christa // Oct 5, 2015 at 8:37 am

thank u so so much lillian and qianna <3 <3 <3 <3

• 4 Daniel Gray // Oct 5, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Beyond stoked for you and hoping that these cures work for me as well! Can’t wait for my next MRI.

dg

• 5 Joy // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:39 pm

<3 you are inspiring the WORLD with your journey. #CWSTRONG

• 6 Christa // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:09 am

Daniel I owe a lot of this to you and your advice I can’t wait for your next MRI eitherrrrrr

• 7 K // Oct 13, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Christa, I read an article about you and just have to agree… Pinktober sucks for any cancer patient with metastatic disease. Fantastic you took charge and became an empowered patient and pursued personalized medical care! Someday it will be available for anyone, I hope. Blessings for a long, healthy, cancer-free life! -K (5-year Lung Cancer survivor)

• 8 #PinkPride on MTV | SNAPCHATCANCER // Nov 19, 2015 at 12:04 pm

[…] MTV does but HAAAAY! Thank you x a zillion for the feature in October during your #PinkPride. I HATE pink but love the awareness. Every little bit […]