new life

June 12th, 2015 · 38 Comments

by now most of my close friends, family and co-workers are aware, but at this time i will let everyone know: on may 9th i was diagnosed with cancer.

i had to suck it up until i could get through all the testing and scans and get through some huge events and work projects but i have learned that the breast cancer has spread to my lymphatic system and lungs. according to oncology i am stage 4 with a 30% chance for survival with an “aggressive” chemotherapy program that will span 20 weeks. i was given less than a year if i do not treat this at soonest.

i refuse to accept this fate and plan to attack it head-on. i have already taken the steps to harness nature’s healing power with my diet and have gotten started on a smorgasbord of supplements thanks to our friend daniel gray and a friend that i met in cabo who just spent the past year fighting for her life. there is a very close group of friends here helping and my mom will be coming out when it’s time for the surgery to look after me.

this is a toxic disease that affects 1 in 8 women, and like me, 70% of which do not have a family history. it’s important that i tell you this because ladies, if you ever see anything different get it checked out. i was too late and by the time i realized something was wrong it had already spread through to other organs. everyone else, just please be more aware of what you’re eating and the environment you live in.

my plan is to start the chemotherapy june 22nd so from that time onwards i will not be as available to you. please give me my space and time to heal. this next week will be the last week as the christa we all know for a while. you can bet i’ll be enjoying it as much as possible so if you see me let’s not talk about it let’s just have some laughs or dance. please.

if there is anything i would want is to see you guys friday 6/19 at the Thomas Jack show. i plan to record my set so i have something to listen to during treatment. if it’s anything like the tokimonsta show – with great positive energy – then that will be with me through this entire thing.

that tokimonsta show, by the way, was super heavy for me. i was carrying this burden of knowing when i put that music together and played it for everyone with a very heavy heart. i had the most epic response that night and it was from a room of people i didn’t even really know. there really aren’t even words for how great that moment was. just the fact that i have that recorded and can listen to it whenever i want to be brought back to that is the greatest gift.

i will beat this. i need everyone to believe that and believe in me.

Tags: bad timing · cwstrong · health status · hellllpp · life

• 1 Marian // Jun 12, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Sending much love, prayers, and healthy vibes to the most friendly, nice, wonder woman that is you, CHRISTA.

• 2 Michael Cannon // Jun 12, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Christa,
    Hoping the very best for you through this ordeal. And am glad to see you ready to fight it. Also glad to see that you are going to do the chemo and not rely solely on lifestyle changes. Chemo no doubt sucks, but it’s got a better success rate than any of the alternatives so far.

My pens and brushes are ready to come to your aid if you need some more art to get your through.

• 3 Kelli b // Jun 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Sending you a big hug and good juju. Stay strong and fight hard. Xoxo

• 4 Melanie // Jun 12, 2015 at 6:27 pm

We will get you thru this! Even tho stat’s suck, you are in the %% that will make it because of your positive attitude!!! Love love love! mom

• 5 Kina Allen // Jun 12, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Chemo sucks, but it works. I know. Every morning, I’m going to send you crazy good juju from Eastern Oregon. That’s a promise. Now get into attack mode and kick can’t sir’s ass!

• 6 Dennis Imoto // Jun 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm

like Michael my brushes and stylus are here for you as a fellow artist. Ikaika Christa!

• 7 Suzy Ford // Jun 12, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Girl…..you are one of the strongest and for sure courageous people I have met. You have overcome many obstacles in life and this is just another test of your will and strength. Thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
    Hugs and kisses!
    S.

• 8 Kathryn Xian // Jun 12, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Stay strong, Christa. You will get through this.

• 9 willis haltom // Jun 12, 2015 at 7:01 pm

always thinking of you christa. See you soon.

• 10 Buba Kumik // Jun 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Lots of love to you, Christa! You are a ray of sunshine :)

• 11 Kyle&Nancy // Jun 12, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Dance, love & enjoy life to its fullest, as you have & always will. There should be no regrets, just moments. “It’s only love that gets you through” Sade

• 12 mari // Jun 12, 2015 at 9:54 pm

idk u well but i know cancer never had a stronger foe. u are right to pursue diet and supplements.

there is also, after chemo’s done and tumors have shrunk, intensive vitamin c therapy. it helped my mom when chemo stopped working. if at some point u consider this, lmk and i’ll make the intro.

peace and strength.

• 13 Yushing // Jun 12, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Praying for you Christa!!!! Stay strong, you will get through this!!!

• 14 Tony Amaranto // Jun 12, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Christa – we will beat this and you will come out a winner. I am keeping my faith and my prayers are with you. We love you Christa. Stay Strong!!!! keep smiling!!!

• 15 Kytia L'amour // Jun 13, 2015 at 12:06 am

I only met you a handful of times when I was in the fashion and art scene in Hawaii. You were (and always will be) the life of the party and a soul that brings people together. It shocks me and hurts my spirit whenever I see this diagnosis come across my news feed. I’m glad to see the outpouring of support your community has shown you. No matter the trial, God is there. My prayers are with you. xoxoxo

• 16 Mandy // Jun 13, 2015 at 1:23 am

I was just diagnosed with NH lymphoma two months ago. Absolutely out of the blue- an otherwise healthy person. I am undergoing r~epoch. I just finished round 4. If you have any questions I am here to help in whatever way I can. I had to goggle most of my questions which I will warn you now Never to do (though you will want to). Each person is different and each has a different fight to them. I plan to kick this crap soon- you will too.

• 17 Milan // Jun 13, 2015 at 2:41 am

Christa, when I met you it was only by pure coincidence. However, this first time I met you was enough to realize how great and friendly person you are. We didn’t know each other, yet you were ready to help.
    Much love and all the best, never surrender!!!

• 18 Jay Watt // Jun 13, 2015 at 4:04 am

I believe in you Super CW.

• 19 Laura Cardona // Jun 13, 2015 at 5:23 am

Christa, though we have never met face to face we have worked together for a good 12 years and I know from all your posts that your passion for life and happiness and just overall fun is very important to you. You will fight this and live on to continue your life’s passions because you are a very strong person who will have MANY prayers sent your way. Thank you for sharing your struggle with us, you are a very courageous women. GOD SPEEP to you Christa.

• 20 MayoChristi // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:24 am

Christa, I fucking love you. You are one of the most ambitious and courageous as woman I know have asked always been so amazed by your tenacity for life, work, music, and the people of Hawaii. You have done so much for the Honolulu community, and I am truly honoured to have worked with to and see all if the beautiful changes you have made to the lifestyle of the Honolulu landscape over the course of many years. I believe you have the strength through this, you are a superwoman. After all, you are Super CW

• 21 Shy // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:53 am

Love you

• 22 Mamatee // Jun 13, 2015 at 11:59 am

you young lady always have a can do attitude .
    I appreciate it always .
    I am not surprised at your can do go effort
    In this as well
    If u need anything . I am here, although sounds like you have a great crew of love and positive peeps .
    I will make soups and freeze for you and get them to one of your peeps .
    Praying for you everyday!

• 23 Lori Smith // Jun 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Christa, in addition to sharing a birthday, we also share the same disease. I too am Stage 4, it has spread to my lung, bones and brain. I have had radiation so many times that I’ve lost count. I’m actively in treatment for almost 3 years as stage 4 and in September will be my 5 year diagnosis. Stay strong and keep fighting the fight. Staying positive is the only way to get through this. Please know you can always send me a message if you need to talk. We are both in this fight.

• 24 Christa // Jun 13, 2015 at 2:01 pm

omg lori thank you so much for this i will be in touch

• 25 CharlieBoy808 // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:41 pm

DAMN IT! :'( So many people in my life are being affected by this fucked up disease. Daniel, Matt, and now one of the coolest photographers/blogger that I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. To say that you inspired me to do bigger and better things in the Hawaii Nightlife is an understatement. To say that someone whom I looked up to as a compass of good vibes is being affected by such a terrible fucked up disease. The tears that I’ve been crying these last few months are full of sadness but the sadness is blended with all the happy memories that I will forever cherish. All of you better beat this shit! When I come home I want to see the friends in my life that hold a special place in my heart!! I love you CW!!! FIGHT HARD! #FUCKCANCER!!!

• 26 Terry // Jun 14, 2015 at 3:22 pm

One of my sisters best friends was given the same diagnosis 40 years ago and she’s still around, enjoying life. Girl, kick it’s ass.

• 27 Kristina Santiago // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:50 pm

We do not know each other but I understand what you are going thru. Even Lori.
    You stay strong in your will and DO NOT GIVE UP!
    This is just an obstacle course thrown at you that you are to complete and you both will>
    Lori… Ask about Gama Knife Raditaion for the braini. If they have not already done that. It is painful but kills the cancer cells in the tumor and then it desolves.
    Christa Juice Hard!
    My kids godmother has a cancer< i do not know what it is called, but it runs thru her blood stream and once it stops it is hooked.
    She would bleed from her nose till the docs had to cauterize inside her nose.
    she was weak and could not travel.
    She started juicing and went no meat and her blood levels totally changed.
    She is basically free of this demon. Because she took matters into her own hands.
    My Mom died from Endometrial Cancer that was in her brain and her lungs. I watched and took care of her while the whole thing went down. 5 Years!
    On top of what the doctors prescribe to you diligent, do the natural healing as well.
    Kisses and great Power to you!
    p.s.
    Do not let this disease be the topic of your conversations with your family and friends when they are around you.
    Also do not let it consume your dreams and your thoughts.
    I know that is hard, but you have to will yourself.
    Like everything else.
    Mind over Matter!

• 28 Chris Ota // Jun 17, 2015 at 7:38 am

My thoughts are with you and I do wish you the best :] You are an amazing individual and you will get through this!

• 29 NEENZ // Jun 17, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Let’s dance and laugh through this and come out SUPER C DUB! I believe in you. You are worthy!

• 30 Lyanne // Jun 18, 2015 at 11:38 pm

You are SUPER CW. You got this LOVE. We BELIEVE and KNOW that you Christa are an Amazing, Strong, Positive and Generous Human Being, and you can do this. All my love to you always. Much healing energy to you each day <3

• 31 Taina Tina // Jun 18, 2015 at 11:52 pm

You got this!! Sending love and positive thoughts your way..xx

• 32 cindy // Jun 19, 2015 at 5:10 am

Christa,
    Sending all my love and prayers…I know you are one tough chick! I’m certain you are approaching this as you approach everything else…Kicking arse and taking names!

You rock shipmate. :D

Cindy

• 33 Brigitte Patton // Jun 19, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Praying for you Christa!!! Speedy recovery and sending nothing but positive vibes your way. YOU CAN BEAT THIS GIRL!!! ❤❤

• 34 Tara C // Jun 19, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Nooooo!!! Girl, you got this-visualize a heathly you. Give yourself room to express everything…and let the power of everyone’s good energies give you strength. Hugs coming your way!

• 35 Daniel Gray // Jun 29, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Just spent some time browsing your old blogs and mannnn the memories! MIU MIU!!!

Terrible to hear the news, but wonderful to hear your attitude! I admire your courage and tenacity and friends like you make my own battle with cancer possible.

We will not lose this fight!! I WON’T ALLOW IT!!!!

• 36 Cw // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:11 am

Shoooots daniel ps im splitting the profits from the july 18 boat party with you. #cancerbuddies

• 37 Help SuperCW Beat Cancer // Jul 4, 2015 at 2:28 pm

[…] On May 9th Christa was diagnosed with cancer at 39 years old. She has Invasive Ductal Carcinoma in her left breast with tumor metastases to her lymph nodes and lungs. You can read her story in her own words here: http://www.supercw.com/blog/2015/06/new-life/ […]

• 38 Tom Slick // Aug 30, 2015 at 4:52 pm

I met you once at Fresh Cafe. Just want to let you know that I will be praying for you. Made me feel sick when I read this! I hope you beat this thing and that you can inspire those who experience this type of obstacle. Keep your head up!